[plug] REALLY bad LCD and fonts

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Jul 18 13:07:35 WST 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 12:13:46PM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> It's a HP/Compaq NX6120 (brand new).
> Xorg thinks it's :
>         Identifier      "Intel Corporation Intel Default Card"
>         Driver          "i810"
>         BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
> AND
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Default Screen"
>         Device          "Intel Corporation Intel Default Card"
>         Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
>         DefaultDepth    24
>         SubSection "Display"
>                 Depth           16
>                 Modes           "1024x768"
>         EndSubSection
>         SubSection "Display"
>                 Depth           24
>                 Modes           "1024x768"
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> How do I tell what colour depth it's currently using? I know it says
> "24" but It really doesn't look like it to me..

  xwininfo -root

You could also put some other Modes in the Depth 24 part of the Screen
section, and if they're not available X will complain but ignore them
and continue anyway.  I'd suggest

    Modes "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1024x768"

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
"Seed me, Seymour"
-- a random number generator meets the big green mother from outer space