[plug] REALLY bad LCD and fonts

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:13:46 WST 2005

It's a HP/Compaq NX6120 (brand new).
Xorg thinks it's :
        Identifier      "Intel Corporation Intel Default Card"
        Driver          "i810"
        BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
AND
Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Intel Corporation Intel Default Card"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           16
                Modes           "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24
                Modes           "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

How do I tell what colour depth it's currently using? I know it says
"24" but It really doesn't look like it to me..

The details on my distro are, as always in my sig.. Ubuntu Hoary 5.04.
Details on the laptop are here:
http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/11_28_365_3954_PV134PA.html

Then again it could be that I'm just used to the 1600x1200 res of my
thinkpad :-(

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From