[plug] iptables --log-prefix error

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 21 22:06:38 WST 2005

Hello All,

I am currently using iptables v 1.2.11 and over the last few days I have
been rewriting my firewall rules so that I can start using shaping on
the network. On the whole it has gone reasonably well. ( A couple of
minor oversights which meant I locked myself out of the gateway box and
needed to plug in a kvm to get access again... happens to us all...
doesnt it ... )

Anyway, in the process of tidying up the firewall I found a neat little
--log-prefix 'insert prefix here' switch... unfortunately when I use it
I get "unknown arg --log-prefix" example below:

$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -m limit --limit 60/h --limit-burst 5 --log-prefix
'OUTPUT' -j LOG

Where $IPTABLES points to /sbin/iptables.

I have tried googling but there doesn't seem to be anything relating to
this particular issue. I have also consulted the netfilter bugzilla. In
a fit of desparation, I changed my apt sources to testing and updated to
1.3.1 which still returns the same issue. My kernel version is a
custom 2.4.27.

Is there anyone else on this version using this switch successfully or
could this be a bug?

Thanks and Regards,

--

Adam Davin