[plug] Re: Mail Server Questions

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 23 00:13:53 WST 2005

> That's brilliant, now have a look if you can see that port open, the -p
> option in netstat will show the process that is associated with the open
> port.

Do I type in netstat -p for this to work and will this command show this:

Proto    Rec-Q    Send-Q    Local Address                    Foreign Address
State                    PID/Program Name
udp       0            0               localhost.localdo:32768
localhost.localdo:32768         ESTABLISHED  13851/postmaster

Active UNIX domain sockets (w/o servers)

Proto        RefCnt        Flags        Type                State
I-Node        PID/Program name    PATH
unix           25               []             DGRAM
1040            1206/syslogd            /dev/log

>> tcp        0              0              0.0.0.0:22  0.0.0.0:*
> LISTEN           1374/sshd
>
> here you will see sshd, pid number 1374, is running on port 22, and is
> listening.
> good luck with that.

I'm confused by the above statement...

Cheers

Joong Cho
Joong Cho Enterprises
President

Business: +61 8 9354 7178
Fax: +61 8 9354 7174
Mobile: +61 0439 963 499

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/