[plug] Emulate Keyboard, Video, Mouse over USB (on Linux)

Matthew Lambie mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au
Tue Jul 26 12:29:49 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 12:17 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> On 7/26/05, Matthew Lambie <mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au> wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the following device exists:
> >
> > Connect a cable which has KVM style plugs to the monitor, keyboard and
> > mouse outputs/inputs of a single target computer, and plug the other
> > (USB) end into a laptop. Open some software and have a VNC/KVM style
> > experience.
> >
> > I hope my description makes sense.
> "Black Box" sell KVM over Ethernet devices.. they're pretty decent..
> would that work for you?

Thanks for the pointer: I'll check it out. Following your "KVM over
Ethernet" tip I found this[1] which looks great, but is a bit pricey
considering my limited needs.

It's more of a cool gadget that I'd like to have in my array than
something I essentially need on a day-to-day basis. I know there will be
that "one time" when I am glad I have it, or mega-pissed I don't :)

1 - http://www.realvnc.com/products/KVM-over-IP/
--

Thanks,

Matthew Lambie