[plug] Emulate Keyboard, Video, Mouse over USB (on Linux)

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:36:23 WST 2005

On 7/26/05, Matthew Lambie <mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 12:17 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> > On 7/26/05, Matthew Lambie <mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if the following device exists:
> > >
> > > Connect a cable which has KVM style plugs to the monitor, keyboard and
> > > mouse outputs/inputs of a single target computer, and plug the other
> > > (USB) end into a laptop. Open some software and have a VNC/KVM style
> > > experience.
> > >
> > > I hope my description makes sense.
> > "Black Box" sell KVM over Ethernet devices.. they're pretty decent..
> > would that work for you?
>
> Thanks for the pointer: I'll check it out. Following your "KVM over
> Ethernet" tip I found this[1] which looks great, but is a bit pricey
> considering my limited needs.
>
> It's more of a cool gadget that I'd like to have in my array than
> something I essentially need on a day-to-day basis. I know there will be
> that "one time" when I am glad I have it, or mega-pissed I don't :)
>
> 1 - http://www.realvnc.com/products/KVM-over-IP/
Your right that is pricey..
This is _a_ cheaper version of the same thing from blackbox but still
too expensive.
http://www.blackbox.com.au/specials/special_offers_more.asp?offersID=25
but I'm 99.9% sure that if you rang them and asked they would have one
for under $100 bucks easy...
(or sign up for the free catalogue)
--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From