[plug] Emulate Keyboard, Video, Mouse over USB (on Linux)

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jul 26 17:19:19 WST 2005

On 26 Jul 2005 at 12:12, Matthew Lambie wrote:

> Does anyone know if the following device exists:
>
> Connect a cable which has KVM style plugs to the monitor, keyboard and
> mouse outputs/inputs of a single target computer, and plug the other
> (USB) end into a laptop. Open some software and have a VNC/KVM style
> experience.
>
> I hope my description makes sense.

I think your description makes sense, but is it practical ?

The nearest thing I can think of that "might" suit your needs is a Belkin product available from
Harris Technology.

Description :
========

Economy 2-port KVM with cables attached (2 metres) with USB and audio support.

Features :
=======

Manual port selection - LED indicators - Video resolutions up to 2048 x 1536

No power supply needed - Not OS specific

Part No :			F1DL102U
======

Catalogue No :	N8931

Price :				$85.00