[plug] small shell script "button"

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:14:23 WST 2005

I tried to get a (different) script running with the XFCE panel a
while ago, and found that for some weird reason, XFCE could only
handle exec-ing a file, it couldn't handle a set of semicolon
delimited commands. Hmmm...

> Also, it does have execute status?
To elaborate, does the script have +x (execute) permissons? If, by
running it manually you mean something like:

$ sh <script here>

then it might be a good idea to

$ chmod +x <script here>

but, if you

$ ./<script here>

then I'm out of ideas.

Hmm....

On another note, I'd to make an shell alias that runs a program in the
background, so something like:

gedback <file>

translates to

gedit <file> &

or something to that effect.

TIA, or feel free to ignore this if it is too OT and distracting.

I realise that this is already long and boring, but, for the nightly humor:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/374d/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/28e6/
Better still, it's actually relevant!

Hope (some of) this helps!
Daniel

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com