[plug] CAD or Architecture programs

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:48:03 WST 2005

On 7/27/05, Gavin Chester <gavinchester1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 23:49 +0800, Muskie Teh Otterboi wrote:
> > Of course, Plain ole BSP mapping is not only good enough for what he
> > wants, it's FUN!
> > Screw paying 3 grand for a CAD program, Buy Half Life 2! n.n
> >
> > Muskie
>
> I thought to let this slide by, but then i thought again and wanted to
> learn something.  What the hell are you saying?  Could you post a
> translation to what you posted before, please ;-).  I lead too sheltered
> a life and haven't come across your dialect before.  Seriously, the only
> bit I get is who would pay heaps for Autocad, as for the rest .....

Well the way I see it. He's saying that the Half Life 2 Engine is that
good, powerful and easy to use that it's probably easier generating
the Building as a Map and then taking screenshots playing the game.
And I'd have to agree, knowing the quality of the engine, it's would
be well worth the effort and more fun. Unfortunately for the line
drawings I want it'd be over kill.

Tim