[plug] google hacked?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sun Jul 31 14:41:51 WST 2005

Gavin Chester wrote:

>Went to do some research on google.com.au just then and got this error
>message:
>
>Google
> Error
>
>        We're sorry...
>        ... but we can't process your request right now. A computer
>        virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests,
>        and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.
>
>        We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again
>        soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or
>        spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of
>        viruses and other spurious software.
>
>        We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again
>        on Google.
>

>What do you make of that message? :-)

I've had that message for weeks. Google has also been issuing captcha's.
It mostly happens on Google.com, not Google.com.au, but the latter has
been acting up of late.

    19/07/2005      6:29    Access Denied
    19/07/2005      7:05    Access Denied
    19/07/2005      7:24    Access Denied
    19/07/2005      7:44    Access Denied
    19/07/2005      8:04    Access Denied
    19/07/2005      8:27    Access Denied

    22/07/2005      7:00    Access Denied
    22/07/2005      8:21    Access Denied
    22/07/2005      8:35    Access Denied

    28/07/2005      6:31    Access Denied

    31/07/2005      8:48    Access Denied

I've logged a fault with Optus networking, but they claim they cannot
reproduce it. At present they also don't seem able to sniff their own
network either :-( They've been asking me to boot into Windows and show
that it's something to do with my browser, also they think that my
internal IP address - that is, the one behind my modem and the one
behind their NAT firewall is the one at fault.

Seems that they really don't know what is going on.

An email from google tells me that "they're sorry", but that's all I've
had so far.

Perhaps its time for some communal logging of the phenomenon.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..