[plug] [OT| growing VOIP -> POTS spam problem

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:37:10 WST 2005

I had a very interesting experience just a while ago when I was phoned
up /on behalf/ of Telstra, offering me a Nokia 2120 mobile, $10 a
month, 35c/30sec, $39 cap, etc, etc. Keeping in mind what has been
said here, instead of saying outright that I wasn't interested, I
asked about the radiation from mobile phones, and if they knew about
the health issues related to it. After clearing up the confusion the
incomptent caller had regarding infrared radiation vs. the radiation
made by phones when calling out, I was told that the mobile was
completely safe because it was a CDMA phone. Eventually, after going
between 2 ladies, I was put onto the supervisor, where I finally set
out that I was not interested in getting a mobile phone.

A waste of ~15 mins of call center time, and Telstra money; that'll
teach them to phone me up! (and it was the one of the funniest things
I've done today!)

Maybe the solution is to ask them so many hard questions that they
give up and go away?

Daniel Axtens
--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com