[plug] [OT| growing VOIP -> POTS spam problem

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 2 15:59:23 WST 2005

> "Arie Hol" <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> writes:
>
> >I had a good one a few days ago.........
>

> >Phone rings many times........
>
> >Me 	: "Hello......."
>
> >Caller	: "Hello is that <quotes my phone number to me>"
>
> >Me		: "You should know, you just dialed it !!! "
>
> >Caller	: "Oh yeah..... so I did........<silence> "
>
> >Me		: Hangs up, shakes head and walks away............

My pet hate is

Phone rings

Me : Hello

Caller : Who's speaking?

Why are they calling if they don't know who they want to speak to?

Do people knock on other people's doors and demand to know who they are?
They do not. At the very least they say, "Hi we're Andy and Sally from
the JW's, and we want to ....."

They don't hammer on your door, and then demand to know who you are,
unless they're the police, or ASIO.

But, we are getting far from VOIP spam .....