[plug] [OT| growing VOIP -> POTS spam problem

simon simon at plumtek.com
Thu Jun 2 16:22:07 WST 2005

Richard Meyer (meyerri at westnet.com.au) wrote:

> But, we are getting far from VOIP spam .....

But while we are...... :)

I had these pigeons and this doorbell and I .... oh, thats not it.

My favourite was the people who rocked up to my front door asking whether Id
received a discount on my phone from telstra due to an outage in the area....
after telling them I hadnt, they asked me to fill in this paperwork to receive
the discount.... which happened to be an AAPT application :D

After laughing hysterically at them, I actually did it anyway cos, hell, it
*was* cheaper :) But I absolutely loved the selling technique, gave me a
really good giggle :) The 70 IQ salewoman had no idea that Id seen through her
brilliant ploy tho, and continued with the same 'the only difference will be
your bill will change colour' ploy, so the laughs continued well into the
evening.

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com