[plug] Device eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring.

Rob Dunne rob.dunne at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:02:10 WST 2005

Hi List,

    I just upgraded a machine to fedora core 3 and am now getting
the above message on boot and no ethernet connection.

I have looked on the web and found
"Well, the MAC address is designated in network hardware, so that should
not have changed unless the device got physically fried or something. Do
you have any other network devices that could have gotten switched
around with eth0? Like eth0 is now eth1 or something?"

as far as I know nothing should have changed.

I have put a couple of echo statements in ifup and found
HWADDR                 02:00:06:4E:E8
FOUNDMACADDR           00:02:06:E8:4E

just before the error message.

Where should I look for more info?