[plug] Routing tables for hybrid Linux & Windows network

Mark Dixon MarkDixon at iiNet.net.au
Tue Jun 7 14:47:26 WST 2005

ML: "Definitely not XP Home."

The WinXP in this exercise is the Pro version, not Home.  So networking
is supposed to be a bit less restrictive.  WinXP does have a network
bridging service that can be set up with a networking wizard.  But given
that the operative word is "bridge" I expect this wizard expects all
hosts to be on the same network.  I would prefer to route rather than
bridge and I am not aware of any licencing limitation in WinXP Pro that
would prohibit that.