[plug] Time format in Debian Sarge

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 9 09:29:58 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 00:53 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Is it possible to change the displayed time format in Debian Sarge?
>
> If so, how?
>
> I appear to have only the format mm/dd/yy for the short format, and DDD
> MMM dd yyyy for the long format, and either the English format, where
> the date precedes the month, or the ISO format yyyy-mm-dd, are
> preferred.

This is controlled by your locale settings. Set your default locale to
en_AU or en_AU.UTF-8 to get the desired effect. IIRC you can do this
from `dpkg-reconfigure locales' or on a per-user basis by setting the
LANG and LC_ALL (or for well behaved apps, just LC_TIME) environment
variables in your user startup scripts.

The `locale' command will give you a nice summary of your current
settings.

--
Craig Ringer