[plug] Getting galeon running on Sarge

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 9 16:49:11 WST 2005

Hi Bret;

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Bret Busby wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Peter F Bradshaw wrote:
>

> > Hi;
> >
> > Anybody know how to get galeon running under Sarge?
> >

> I have Sarge, and have had galeon running on it, since it was installed.

Its good to see that it does run on Sarge.

> Try using Synaptic (easier than using apt-get at the command line) - it
> should be in the menu's, under Applications -> System Tools, and use
> Search then search for galeon.

Galeon was updated from woody. However it does not run. Running from a
terminal gives:

INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: No manager for initializing factory?

System error?:: Success

Actually this comes from mozilla (which will also not run). I've removed
mozilla and reinstalled galeon in order to force a recompute of
dependencies. No improvement.

Any ideas?

> That should take it through resolving dependencies, installing, and
> putting it on the Internet menu.

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw, personal.exadios.com, ICQ 75431157 (exadios).
PGP public key at personal.exadios.com/public_key.html