[plug] Getting galeon running on Sarge

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:06:01 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 16:49 +0800, Peter F Bradshaw wrote:

-snip-

> Galeon was updated from woody. However it does not run. Running from a
> terminal gives:
>
> INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: No manager for initializing factory?
>
> System error?:: Success
>
> Actually this comes from mozilla (which will also not run). I've removed
> mozilla and reinstalled galeon in order to force a recompute of
> dependencies. No improvement.
>
> Any ideas?

Don't know about Sarge, so hope my advice is some use.  You have to have
mozilla installed and running to build and run galeon.  In fact, an
upgrade of mozilla can break galeon.  Also, you have to have appropriate
gnome bonobo libraries to be able to compile it.  I've built it from
source after satisfying those two major dependencies.  Post any errors
and issues you face after building it and I might help some more because
I did find some build problems that I was able to fix. HTH.  BTW: I'm
using FC3, but build issues should not be too different ;-)

Gavin