[plug] ADSL stressed out?

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 9 18:12:21 WST 2005

Phillip wrote:

> My adsl only cuts out with certain phonecalls, no idea why. Im
> guessing that signal strength varies throughout the day, and picking
> up the phone is just enough to trigger the adsl to cut off? This might
> not be the same reason your having though. And I don't even have a
> filter on the phones.
>

> On 6/9/05, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:

>>>Is it dropping sync? You connecting with a linux box?
>>
>>And do you have any network monitoring logs? ;)
>>
>>>Cheers
>>>Michael Collard

Are you using a cordless phone ? do you have a long extension cord on
your phone(s) ? do you have any devices that high initial surge currents
on them (like fluoro lights) near the ADSL line/phone line ? no
disrespect intended in the next question but is your ADSL filter plugged
into the wall the right way ?