[plug] Getting galeon running on Sarge

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 9 22:10:55 WST 2005

Hi Gavin;

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 16:49 +0800, Peter F Bradshaw wrote:
>
> -snip-
>
> > Galeon was updated from woody. However it does not run. Running from a
> > terminal gives:
> >
> > INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: No manager for initializing factory?
> >
> > System error?:: Success
> >
> > Actually this comes from mozilla (which will also not run). I've removed
> > mozilla and reinstalled galeon in order to force a recompute of
> > dependencies. No improvement.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Don't know about Sarge, so hope my advice is some use.  You have to have
> mozilla installed and running to build and run galeon.  In fact, an
> upgrade of mozilla can break galeon.  Also, you have to have appropriate
> gnome bonobo libraries to be able to compile it.  I've built it from
> source after satisfying those two major dependencies.  Post any errors
> and issues you face after building it and I might help some more because
> I did find some build problems that I was able to fix. HTH.  BTW: I'm
> using FC3, but build issues should not be too different ;-)

I have got it working thanks. The problem was that the JRE I was using
had been built using gcc-2.95 and Sarge has been built using gcc-3.3.
Once I got the correct JRE everything worked out.

> Gavin

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw, personal.exadios.com, ICQ 75431157 (exadios).
PGP public key at personal.exadios.com/public_key.html