[plug] apt-get dist-upgrade -t sarge installs stuff from sid

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri Jun 10 15:48:01 WST 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 02:35:27PM +0800, Russell Steicke wrote:
> I just started to update a machine to the recently released sarge with
> "apt-get dist-upgrade -t sarge -ud"

Sounds like you may have some odd preferences set somewhere.

My suggestion would be to follow this exactly:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

aptitude is the preferred method for upgrade, rather than apt-get.

If you're having problems with sid, comment out all your non-sarge
sources and delete (rename) /etc/apt/preferences until after you
upgrade.

If you are tracking perl from sid, you may need to downgrade it to avoid
problems, though with perl that might be dangerous.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Let us endeavor to live that when we
 http://the.lostrealm.com/     | come to die even the undertaker will