[plug] Added functionality in FF

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 10:45:48 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 02:04 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> You may remmber that a few weeks ago I was asking about making FF more
> "Galeon-alike", in that I wanted FF to restart at logon and remember
> what I was doing.
>
> Well, I have an found an extension that does the second part - look
> under Tabbed Browsing for the Session-saver extension. When restarting
> FF, it reloads everything so it looks the same as it did on shutdown.
> Worth looking at.

As I said last night ;-)  See my post rebutting part of your post:
http://www.plug.org.au/archives/message/20050611.100140.18a59f44.html

Also, see that I pointed you to another extension that now puts the
"close" button on each tab in firefox.  The extension to look for is
"Tab Mix", which has a whole heap of other functions.  Generally, look
at all the tabbed browsing extensions :-)

To summarise, there are a growing number of extensions for firefox to do
all sorts of wonderful things - even things that aren't possible in
galeon.  That's its strength.  E.g., ever close a tab by accident?  No
worries with the right firefox extension, you don't have to go to your
history to reopen it. Want to open all the thumbnail images on a page in
their own tabs in one click? Etc, etc.

However, galeon still is the only one with tabs down the side and the
ability to send tabs to other windows.  Oh, and did I mention its just
that bit faster?  Not giving up on galeon yet, though firefox is getting
better every day.  Use both as the mood takes you, that's my belief ;-)

Gavin