[plug] Added functionality in FF

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 13 00:05:57 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 10:45 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 02:04 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > You may remmber that a few weeks ago I was asking about making FF more
> > "Galeon-alike", in that I wanted FF to restart at logon and remember
> > what I was doing.
> >
> > Well, I have an found an extension that does the second part - look
> > under Tabbed Browsing for the Session-saver extension. When restarting
> > FF, it reloads everything so it looks the same as it did on shutdown.
> > Worth looking at.
>
> As I said last night ;-)  See my post rebutting part of your post:
> http://www.plug.org.au/archives/message/20050611.100140.18a59f44.html
>
> Also, see that I pointed you to another extension that now puts the
> "close" button on each tab in firefox.  The extension to look for is
> "Tab Mix", which has a whole heap of other functions.  Generally, look
> at all the tabbed browsing extensions :-)

Installed Tab Mix, but it sorta bites - it seems to have a problem with
Session Saver - but Tab X works just fine - thanks.

> To summarise, there are a growing number of extensions for firefox to do
> all sorts of wonderful things - even things that aren't possible in
> galeon.  That's its strength.  E.g., ever close a tab by accident?  No
> worries with the right firefox extension, you don't have to go to your
> history to reopen it. Want to open all the thumbnail images on a page in
> their own tabs in one click? Etc, etc.

You're right that FF is the place to be - just feel bad that the huge
amount of intelligent design that went into Galeon is being wasted.

> However, galeon still is the only one with tabs down the side and the
> ability to send tabs to other windows.  Oh, and did I mention its just
> that bit faster?  Not giving up on galeon yet, though firefox is getting
> better every day.  Use both as the mood takes you, that's my belief ;-)

Have you found a way to share bookmarks? That'd make it easier to use
whichever on you wanted.

> Gavin

Ta.