[plug] OT - Machine naming schemes

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Sun Jun 12 13:54:10 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 00:30 +0800, Matthew Lambie wrote:

> Evening all,

> A quick poll: What do people name their machines after?

Places/Cities taken from the book of Joshua in the Old Testament. My
firewall is named Jericho (remind me that we can never completely trust
their defences), my debian box that was running Woody when I first named
it is called Ephraim (woody hillside, or forest) and my iBook is called
tabernacle (the mobile tent where people worshipped the God of Israel
before the temple was built).

> Part two: What was your favourite Transformer character

Don't really have one.

> Enjoy your Saturday nights!

I did. Watching the new series of Dr Who of course :-)