[plug] ssh, linksys WAG54G and Suse firewall

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 14 20:48:09 WST 2005

Rennie wrote:

>Evening pluggers,
>
>I'm trying to ssh from my work place to my Suse 9.2 PC (behind the WAG54G) at
>home but cannot get a responce.
>
>I can ssh from home to work no problems and once I do can ssh back to the home
>PC. I've enabled all port forwarding on the WAG54G - I think - and opened
>port 22 on the suse firewall.
>
>As a test I ran nmap from the work gateway (Debian) to the home PC (whilst
>not logged in) and got the following:
>
>Starting nmap 3.81 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-06-14 19:00 WST
>Interesting ports on 210.211.94.34:
>(The 1576 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
>PORT      STATE  SERVICE
>80/tcp    open   http
>10005/tcp closed stel
>10082/tcp closed...
>
>thought to
>
>65301/tcp closed pcanywhere
>
>To me it looks as though the lower ports are firewalled? but Yast says
>otherwise. Any clues what I can do to get this working or figure out what is
>going wrong?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Rennie.

Who is your ISP? Some, like iiNet have those ports blocked by default
and you have to turn them off in Toolbox.

--
*Daniel Pearson
*Flashware Solutions ABN 58 438 456 919
Mob: 0438 118 897  |  Email: daniel at flashware.net
<mailto:daniel at flashware.net>

The information contained in this electronic transmission is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, use of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this transmission in error, please contact Flashware
Solutions 0438 118 897.