[SPAM] - [plug] scanner problem - Email found in subject

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Tue Jun 28 14:06:34 WST 2005

Not a permissions issue is it?? I'm not sure what scanners device names
are, but make sure the current user has access to it??

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On
Behalf Of monts at westnet.com.au
Sent: Tuesday, 28 June 2005 2:01 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: [SPAM] - [plug] scanner problem - Email found in subject

Hi,
I've set up a friends computer with debian sarge and I've got a
problem in getting xsane to pick up the usb scanner. I can find the
scanner properly when root, but the local user can't see it.

Had a bit of a look on google but didn't find anything straight away.
Has anyone dealt with a similar problem in the past and know what to
do?

The scanner is an Epson Perfection 1650.

Thanks

Monts

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au