[plug] govt website links - how?

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:26:36 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 23:12 +0800, Kev wrote:
> Hi Gavin, I'm using Kubuntu Hoary, Firefox 1.0.2  and OOo 1.1.3.  The
> URL you gave opened the site instantly, I downloaded several of the
> available files (inc the "Job Kit") to my desktop without problem.  I
> then clicked on the new desktop icons, in turn, and OOo opened each of
> them up, no problems.  Is this what you were talking about?
>
> Cheers
> Kev

Yeh, thanks.  I had no trouble opening the site, just the links did
nothing for me.  I tried both galeon and firefox - clicking the links
would pop up a "save file" dialogue but then when I chose to save
nothing happened.  If you are not having trouble then perhaps it's
settings on my system?  Maybe the mime handlers that I've got set?
While I understand setting my prefs to different handlers where to go to
tackle that setting so that it works is the question.

Big thanks to skribe who jumped right in and forwarded me the files
needed :-).

Seems it's not an anti-linux conspiracy afterall.

Gavin