[plug] govt website links - how?

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:32:16 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 23:28 +0800, Mark Fryer wrote:

> What you might find in your home directory (or default save directory)
> is a file called '255538' which matches the position id in the url. It
> appears to do nothing after download probably because it doesn't prompt
> for a name but downloads to the default location with default name. Open
> office should open this fine. If this hadn't been on a fresh install
> with my home dir open in the background I wouldn't have noticed it.

No, I watched my internet traffic straight after and it was dead for
minutes after choosing to save the file, so definitely nothing
downloading in the background - just _dead_ links for me. See other
posts on this thread from me and others where I have a guess at the
problem.

> Excuse anything newbie, I had to make a first message at some point...
> Mark Fryer

All contributions welcome :-)

And, welcome to the list, Mark

Gavin