[plug] perl askQuestion

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sat Mar 5 23:25:02 WST 2005

Jim Householder wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to configure mythtv, and it *insists* on grabbing tv listings
> from somewhere using a perl script called tv_grab_au.
>
> It gets as far as line 487, at which point it tells me
> Undefined subroutine &main::askQuestion called at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
> line 487.
>
> Is it a standard function (looks like a dialog box) or am I missing a
> special library?
>
> If I try to google, it gives me *many* occurrences of "ask question"
> (with the space) and the occasional url sans space.  How do I tell it I
> do not want the space?

It's amazing the answers you get when you ask the right question.  I put
"ask question" (in quotes) in the don't-want box of the advanced search
page.  I got lucky.  One of the hits was the answer to my specific
problem.

It seems that the function name has been changed recently from
askQuestion to ask_choice.

Jim

BTW now I have picture but no sound...