[plug] Fedora Core 3 - Install

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Mar 6 04:21:12 WST 2005

For those that are interested - I have just successfully installed Fedora Core 3.

Installer successfully detected ALL hardware and network.

It even detected my ATI Radeon 9200 SE video card.

Partitioning was done manually with Disk Druid to use existing partitions created with Partition
Magic 8

For those interested in the stats :

Booted from DVD at 3.15 a.m.

Commenced installing packages (3,581 Mb) at 3.35 a.m.
Completed installing packages at 3.47 a.m.

Rebooted at 3.49 a.m.

Commenced post-install configuration at 3.50 a.m.

Logged on to  desktop at 3.55 a.m.

Browsing the internet at 3.56 a.m.

Everything went as smooth as silk - the system looks good and feels good too.

My only problem is :

How do I bring up a console window ???

There does not seem be anything on the menu system to do so.

Now I can start learning it all again.

Cheers.

Regards Arie