[plug] Auto hibernate when machine has been idle for 30 minutes

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 6 22:21:20 WST 2005

Hi, I've just got software suspend 2 (hibernate to disk) to working with
gentoo's 2.6.11 dev kernel.

X was the last major item, which by sacrificing the nvidia drivers for
xorgs nv driver seems to work now.

For my next act, Id like to sense when the machine has been idle for 30
mins and auto hibernate if so.  Are there any apps out there to do this?
Perhaps sense some combination of load and xscreensaver?  Suggestions
welcome.

After this I will be looking at waking it up via the network ...

BillK

Home!