[plug] Auto hibernate when machine has been idle for 30 minutes

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Mon Mar 7 22:52:44 WST 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:35:05PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Commented out the reload statement for alsasound and there were no
> problems.

That's impressive. The cmipci driver doesn't actually have
suspend/resume support.

> sound is still there on restart (though back to the defaults)
> so that one is a furphy, for me at least.

Ahh, so that's what suspend/resume support would give you :)
You could try installing aumix and use it's save/restore scripts, or
alternately hack up your own with "alsactl store" and "alsactl restore"

> swsusp has a GentooModulesAutoload yes statement which may take car of
> this.

That option simply loads the modules mentioned in
/etc/modules.autoload.d/* which is specific to gentoo.

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>