[plug] Logitech cordless keyboard causing kwin lockups?

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstrom at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 8 00:58:07 WST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:41, Arie Hol wrote:
> On 7 Mar 2005 at 23:53, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> > Thanks for buzzing in, garry.
> >
> > On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:27, garry wrote:
> > > When a k/b input is made, it gives a computer interupt. If you
> > > get spurious interupts, the show slows down...
>
> I may be wrong but I do believe it is possible.
>

> Has any one considered that the receiver is/maybe picking RF or other
> signals from the immediate neighbourhood.

Yes, I also read an article a few years ago about two wireless keyboards
in the same neighbourhood talking to each other. I think the ones that
use encryption should be less vulnerable to this. Whatever it is, I'm
not picking up any weird behaviour other than the freezing, and that's
happened in at least two different neighbourhoods, though it appears to
be more rare here than where I lived before.

Odd thing, this.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/