[plug] Logitech cordless keyboard causing kwin lockups?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 8 00:41:56 WST 2005

On 7 Mar 2005 at 23:53, Alex Nordstrom wrote:

> Thanks for buzzing in, garry.
>
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:27, garry wrote:
> > When a k/b input is made, it gives a computer interupt. If you get
> > spurious interupts, the show slows down...

I may be wrong but I do believe it is possible.

Has any one considered that the receiver is/maybe picking RF or other signals from the immediate
neighbourhood.

This has been a problem with other types of wireless and remote control equipment in the past.

I was reading an article recently - there were two neighbours in a block of units - both were using
wireless rodents - when one moved his mouse, the pointer on his neighbour's PC would move and vice
versa.

One neighbour woke up to what was going on and started to "Play" games with his unsuspecting
neighbour - by shutting down his neighbours PC whenever he tried to use certain applications.

The innocent victim thought his PC was possessed by something evil  and stopped using it. He then
suspected a problem with the wireless mouse and went out and bought a wired mouse - Problem
solvered !

He never knew the truth until his neighbour started asking stupid questions about mouse problems
and confessed to the mischief - both now use wired rodents to avoid the problems.

Regards Arie