[plug] 2.6.10 Keyboard Problem

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Thu Mar 10 11:41:00 WST 2005

I'm having a problem with what appears to be keyboard interrupts when
running a 2.6.10 kernel.
Basically keys appear to get stuck down. What really happens as far as I
can see is the keyup interrupt is being missed. It also happens on the
keydown sometimes. It's not the keyboard as far as I can see and didn't
happen when I was running a 2.4 kernel or a 2.6.6 kernel.
What happens is I can be typing or hit a button and then suddenly the
key starts to repeat (very annoying when you hit enter.) until you hit
another key (IIRC another keydown cancels the key repeat)
I also sometimes get a problem where it appears to be stuck with the
shift key down and because keydown on meta keys (and other modifiers?)
isn't cancelled until a keyup on that key.
I'm going to try disabling key repeat under Xorg because the key repeat
is the most dangerous bit (not sure if it happens on the mouse as well,
button down button up, but I just had a few hundred tabs open in firefox
after Ctrl Clicking a link)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net