[plug] Linksys WRT54GS - OpenWRT

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:15:28 WST 2005

I have heard lots of stories of instabilty about the WAG54G (my friend
needs to reboot his about 3-4 times a week for it to operate
correctly) I think you may have mistaken it for the WAP54G (AP without
router) on the OpenWRT page aswell, I am pretty sure the WAG54G won't
take OpenWRT.

dsl200s work ok, I have used 1 or 2 in the past, but can't really
remember specifics (generally thats a good thing, if i remember
something like that its usually due to problems due to crap hardware,
I have also used the Alcatel USB modems that look like stingrays and
they are fine too) you won't however be able to plug it directly into
the WRT54G if thats what you planned. If at all affordable an ethernet
modem would be best

Cheers

Quintin