[plug] 'australian cheap domains' spammers?

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 15:36:05 WST 2005

On Fri, March 11, 2005 3:10 pm, Shayne O'Neill said:

> I registered a website yesterday, and within a day , despite me and
> australian cheap domains db being the only possible people who could of
> known about it, I started recieving spam about the site.
>
> is it possible this company is selling details of customers to spammers?
> the whole thing stinks of fish to me.

Well, there is no way of knowing for sure.  Your details will be on a
public whois database who just about anyone with an internet connection
can access (try doing a whois on your new domain name).

This, of course doesn't prove that they did not sell any information.  But
it does stop you from being able to prove that they did with the argument
that only they and you knew about the details.

--
Mark O'Shea