[plug] The Australian Business Registry

Rowan Sutherland perseng at arach.net.au
Sat Mar 12 19:34:01 WST 2005

Unfortunately, I've noticed this with other Government Portals as well.

It makes me very angry.

I commend you for taking action.

Rowan

Sir/Madam

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to access your site to apply for an ABN.
I'm sure it must fall dangerously close to a "restrictive trade
practice" to REQUIRE all businesses in Australia to use substandard,
buggy, virus and hacker-prone, insecure proprietary software to be able
to apply on-line for an ABN.  I use both Linux and OS/2 and I use a
current Mozilla browser in both operating systems.  Even if I did use
the afforementioned spyware magnet, I'd use Mozilla!  When is this
extremely annoying bad programming practise planned to be rectified?

Sincerely yours
Kev Downes

Perhaps others might join the bandwagon with me and aggitate for change.

Cheers
Kev
Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
Windows isn't the answer. Windows is the question. The answer is NO! I
use, recommend and support OS/2 Warp and eComStation.
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au