[plug] The Australian Business Registry

Evert van Dijk evert at silver-sword.net
Sat Mar 12 20:23:03 WST 2005

Not to be funny but
- have you tried the "I am confident I meet the standards" option? or
- Firefox?

I have to agree with you that Mozilla/Firefox are definately more secure
and enjoyable to use than IE,
but most web developers or their bosses seem to think that IE still has
the undisputed market share
they need to see links like
http://news.com.com/FireFox+continues+gains+against+IE/2100-1032_3-5545930.html?tag=nefd.top
Firefox has 3% of the browser market share, IE on decline
http://www.itfacts.biz/index.php?id=P1918

and tables like
Browser 2/18/05 1/14/05 12/3/04 11/5/04 6/4/04
Internet Explorer 89.85% 90.28% 91.80% 92.89% 95.48%
Firefox 5.69% 4.95% 4.06% 3.03% 3.53%
Non-Firefox
Netscape and
Mozilla browsers 2.47% 2.64% 2.83% 2.95%
Other 1.9% 2.06% 1.25% 1.07% 0.95%
http://www.websidestory.com/services-solutions/datainsights/spotlight.html

These figures show that IE usage is on the decline,
personally I am suprised that so many organisations still allow IE to be
used on their networks with all the security issues that it seems to have.
Get some of the major organisations to adopt Firefox or Mozilla and you
will see those figures jump (or fall depending on what side of the fence
you are on)

Good Luck

E.