[plug] ** Reminder: March Seminars Tonight (15th March) **

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Mar 17 13:20:43 WST 2005

J Michael Gilks wrote:

> As usual I thought of all the questions I would like to ask a day after the
> talk. So if I may indulge my forgetfulness
> 1) As the files created are Python scripts, I assume they still throw up all
> the Python exceptions. Is this correct?

Correct.

A Python exception will be caught by the GTK main loop, though, so if
there's an exception you don't catch it'll be printed out to stderr in
the usual Python manner but your programme won't just vanish like it
would if a C programme segfauls.

> 2) Can you still use the 'if name = __main__' trick to run testing of the
> functionality without the GUI.

Yes.  (I belive one of Davyd's examples did this.)

Cameron