[plug] Nero launches a version for Linux.

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 17 18:31:39 WST 2005

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:36, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > Actually, I'd argue that "bill" has gone to significant lengths not
> > to tread on their software vendors in these areas while still
> > providing the user with the minimal functionality they need. Windows
> > not shipping with some unzip tool has been a sad joke since at least
> > win98, for example.

Maybe they learned something from the DOS 6.0/6.2/6.22 fiasco, when
everyone thought they were going to be bundling Stacker with it, but
they brought out their own equivalent - DoubleSpace or DoubleDisk or
sommat. Stac Electronics sued, and they found that MS DoubleSpace (or
whatever it's name was), actually contained Stac copyrights. Big oops.