[plug] Linux Gaming

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Mar 18 17:32:40 WST 2005

On 18 Mar 2005 at 17:03, Steve wrote:

> Hi all,
> Im really interested in trying to get Games running on Linux and have had
> reasonable success from Wine and Native games on debian.  The next step I want
> to do is let online gamers know about linux as a gaming platform by:
> a) Currently doing this in online games through my nick name and telling ppl
> b) ONE DAY be the first to host a LinuxLAN, if this hasnt been done already,
> where quite possibly only have linux OSes running clients and servers. Ive just
> been to a few LANs and compete quite equally with the 'other' OSes. Or OS.
>
> Anyway my question is, Am i alone, or is anyone else interested in this also?
> And does anyone care? hehe

The computer club at Murdoch uni have LAN parties several times a year, in fact they are having one
very soon - goto :

http://mincs.murdoch.edu.au/news.php

MINCS are holding a LAN Social Event on Sat 26th March!

Time: Midday till Midnight
When: Saturday 26th March
Where: EH1.5 (Education & Humanities)
What: human, computer, cables, few dollars, see below.
Price: $5 for non-members, $2 for members, ~$6 for pizza. $1 cans of drink.

A map for directional rtfm goodness -> http://inferno.murdoch.edu.au/eh1-5.png

Regards Arie