[plug] [OT] pc builting confusion

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Tue Mar 22 18:58:57 WST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 06:12:38PM +0800, Ryan Smith wrote:
> He wants it to last for a while (about 10 years).

Ten years ago was 1995.  The top of the line PC was a Pentium 133 (ATX
had only just been standardised, so it may still have been AT), and
Windows 95 was the latest and greatest OS to run on it.

I think 10 years might be asking a little much, unless you're not
planning on doing much with it after a couple of years  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | SCSI is *NOT* magic.  There are
 http://the.lostrealm.com/     | *fundamental technical reasons* why it