[plug] [OT] pc builting confusion

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Tue Mar 22 21:05:40 WST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 06:58:57PM +0800, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> Ten years ago was 1995.  The top of the line PC was a Pentium 133 (ATX
> had only just been standardised, so it may still have been AT), and
> Windows 95 was the latest and greatest OS to run on it.

Windows 95 wasn't released until late in the year.  August, perhaps?
I had a theory at the time that Bill named it that to put pressure on
his people to release it that year.  :)

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Space is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen to you.