[plug] backing up Linux to Windows

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Mar 24 12:57:59 WST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:24, Denis Brown wrote:
> Leon (and others) -- in your experience just how stable / reliable are the
> 200GB USB2 drives?   I have always been concerned about the physical
> handling side... drop a tape acidentally and no worries but drop a whole
> drive and Boom (tm).

That's about it.

You can use much more expensive lappie drives (a 40GB lappie drive costs about
the same as a 200GB not-lappie drive) but even those are far from
invulnerable. I recommned simply being careful.

OTOH a hard drive will typically survive being left on a dashboard in the sun
and a tape won't.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia