[plug] backing up Linux to Windows

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 24 09:24:30 WST 2005

Thanks to Leon and Bernd for additional input to this issue.

I must admit to having looked unfavourably at additional drives as the
solution, falling back to the tape paradigm despite, as Bernd says, the
required file always being at the end of the last tape in your set :-)

Leon (and others) -- in your experience just how stable / reliable are the
200GB USB2 drives?   I have always been concerned about the physical
handling side... drop a tape acidentally and no worries but drop a whole
drive and Boom (tm).   Having said that one of my users here is doing just
that on her WinXP machine and so far no tragedies.

TIA,
Denis