[plug] sudo catch-22

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 24 22:11:08 WST 2005

Hi

When I asked about sudo's password recently I was told to use the
current user's password.  That works for Mandrake and Fedora, but not
SuSE 9.2.  It requires root's password, at least when one has been set.

I  installed SuSE 9.2 on my test system last week and took all the
defaults for a low-end user (not workstation) just to see what I would
get.  There was no provision for entering a root
password, which did not register until I needed to change /etc/exports.

I tried using sudo, but was told I was not in /etc/sudoers.  Catch-22.

Jim