[plug] mail issue

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 25 12:01:21 WST 2005

Hello All,

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:14:57 -0800
Sibian <isibian at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> > I don't know if Mozilla marks them in some way. You can usually tell
> >
> >because they're double the size of most messages (most clients send
> >both HTML and plain-text parts) and because they tend to try to
> >override your font settings etc.
> >
> Thanks Craig, I'll take note from now on and let people know if
> they're  sending HTML.

On this HTML / Plain text issue, I started receiving emails recently
from my bank letting me know I had bills that had arrived (I am registed
with some companies to receive bills at my account and can then pay them
directly from there). As my email client (Sylpheed) displays the plain
text first, I was rather amused to find an email message in my inbox
with "Subject: You have new bills" and body "This is a sample message".
For a couple of weeks I didn't register that there was also a HTML part.
On clicking on the HTML part I noticed that it actually gave me
information about the bill and a hyperlink etc...

One more misconfigured server out there in the world wide web.

Regards,

Adam Davin.