[plug] Workshop on Monday 26 March

Bret Busby bret.busby at operamail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:25:10 WST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bret Busby" <bret.busby at operamail.com>
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: [plug] Workshop on Monday 26 March
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:10:27 +0800

> Will anyone be at the above workshop, who is familiar with setting
> up SQWebmail?
>
> I found a HowTo at  http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/ ,
> to install and set up SQWebmail with Debian and Postfix, but it
> does not seem to work. The HowTo involved using Postfix, SQWebmail,
> MySQL, Spamassassin, Clamavis, Amavis and SASL and some courier
> packages (POP3 and IMAP)
>
> Also, whereas we have been using fetchmail to download emails from
> an ISP, and procmail to put the messasges in the relevant
> mailboxes, the above HowTo appears to not include instructions as
> to how to get messages from an upline mailserver and deposit them
> in a mailbox  or other appropriate receptacle for the system to
> operate on.
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> Western Australia

As the only response to the above message, was  a message that referred to the date for the meeting being wrongly put by me, thus indicating that no-one would be likely to be at the workshop, who could help, and, given that on the web page at http://www.plug.org.au/events/workshop , is stated "If you want help, it is preferred if you can post to the mailing list before you come, so that people at the workshop will be expecting you and may have a chance to think about the problem beforehand.", it appears to be not worth going to tonight's workshop, to try to get this problem sorted out, as it appears that no-one will likely be there, who can help, so, as it says on the web page above, we may as well follow the advise of "thus avoiding having to lug your computer up three flights of stairs.".

Therefore, if anyone on the list, can give some useful advice as to how to solve the problem, it would be appreciated.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale