[plug] Re: trouble installing Redhat 9

Anne Busby anne.busby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:45:54 WST 2005

<snip>
> Just getting access to my email at my isp.  The squid will do for http web
> access, but there's probably a bit more mucking around to get access to the
> email - in the case where the machine onto which you want to download the
> email is _not_ the one that is actually connected directly to the net...
</snip>

We have a seperate firewall and mailserver boxes. The mailserver is
uses fetchmail to get the mail from the ISP and it's internet access
is routed via the firewall/gateway server. Procmail then splits the
mail up between the various user's mail boxes and postfix to send mail
back out to the ISP server. This was running on a debian stable,
recently upgraded to debian testing with no problems.

Anne B